Sauerkraut Potato Pancakes (kraut latkes) Recipe
1-pound frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
1 32-oz jar Frank’s Kraut, drained
½ cup cornstarch
Sour cream, for serving
Green onions, sliced, for serving
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze thawed potatoes over sink to remove as much liquid as you can. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with oil and preheat over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together potatoes, drained kraut, cornstarch and eggs.
- Form the potato and kraut mixture into 2-inch patties and fry in batches until golden brown on each side.
- Salt and serve with sour cream and green onions.
3 thoughts on “Sauerkraut Potato Pancakes (kraut latkes) Recipe”
glad to see some sauerkraut recipes
We’re glad you like them. All the recipes on our page are sauerkraut recipes 🙂
Love your sauerkraut. Been eating yours since I was a kid except when Grandma made her own. Can’t wait to try the latkes recipe. Yum!