Homemade meatballs that have been Reubenized. Recipe and photography by @BBQwithBoterman
1lb corned beef (point)
2 strips of bacon
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Frank’s Kraut
4 oz of Swiss cheese
1/2 of seasoning packet included with the corned beef
Thousand Island dressing (for dipping)
- Pre-heat oven to 375º
- Use a pre-packaged corned beef brisket point for these. Cut 1 lb off the roast and mince with your knife.
- Mince 2 strips of bacon.
- Take the minced meat and place into a food processor and pulse until the brisket resembles hamburger meat.
- In a large bowl mix ground corned beef with egg, bread crumbs, Frank’s Kraut and half of the seasoning packet that is included in the brisket package.
- Cut the Swiss cheese into small cubes.
- Each meatball should be 2oz. Place a cube of Swiss cheese in the middle of the meat and form a ball around it.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Place meatballs in hot cast iron to sear 3-4 minutes per side.
- Immediately move the pan into the oven to finish cooking. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temp is at least 160º
- Dip meatballs in thousand island dressing. Enjoy!