Boterman’s Grilled Sausage and Kraut Pizza
@BBQwithBoterman from Instagram created this grilled pizza recipe with Frank’s Kraut.
14” pizza crust dough (can use pre-made mixes or make your own from scratch)
4 oz. Pizza Sauce
1/2 lb Thin Sliced Polish Sausage (Kielbasa)
1 cup Frank’s Kraut (drained)
1/2 a large Sweet Onion (diced)
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Shredded Provolone
1/4 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
Salt to taste
- Prepare pizza dough and let rise 2-4 hours in advance.
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium high heat.
- Add diced sweet onions.
- When the onions are translucent, add the butter and a pinch of salt.
- Cook onions until they are browned and sweet (about 5-10 minutes)
- Pre-heat your grill to 500°. For best results, use a pizza stone.
- Place the stone in the grill during the preheating period.
- Form your pizza dough into a 14” circle on a floured surface.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly across the dough.
- Distribute Frank’s Kraut and fried onions evenly.
- Add Mozzarella and provolone.
- Add Sausage and finally cheddar.
- Using a pizza peel, place the assembled pizza on the grill.
- Cook for 7-15 minutes until crust is golden brown and bubbly.
- Slice, enjoy, Grill Out with Frank's Kraut!