Sausage ‘n Kraut Balls
8 oz Italian sausage
1 14 oz Frank’s Kraut, drained
1 cup flour All Purpose flour
2 Eggs whisked thoroughly
1 cup bread crumbs Italian seasoned
salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, preheat oil to 350 degrees, over medium heat.
- While oil is heating, set up a standard breading station by placing flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls, one for each.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sausage and sauerkraut. Form sausage mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Coat them in flour, then eggs and finally breadcrumbs before frying.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes*.
- Remove from oil and season with salt and pepper.