Reuben Pull-A-Part Bread
1 large loaf crusty bread, such as sourdough or rye
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
½ pound corned beef, sliced thin
1 ½ cups Frank’s Kraut, drained
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley
Thousand island dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place loaf on a baking sheet and score with a bread knife, in a checkerboard pattern. While doing this, make sure the bread stays connected at the bottom and is not cut all the way though. To achieve pull apart pieces, slice across the loaf in one direction, (as if you were cutting slices for a sandwich) and then rotate the loaf 90 degrees and repeat.
- Fill spaces in between slices with kraut, cheese and corned beef.
- Mix melted butter, garlic powder and parsley in a small bowl. Spoon on top of bread and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is crisp.
- Serve with thousand island dressing.