Pennsylvania New Year's Dutch Pork & Snowfloss Sauerkraut Dinner Recipe
5 pound Pork loin
2 pound Snowfloss Kraut or Frank's Kraut
2 cup chicken broth
2 cup Onions sliced
1/2 pound bacon sliced
2 apples thin sliced
5 pound potatoes seasoned
1/4 cup Cumin
- Combine dry ingredients and rub into pork.
- Sear in pan with olive oil on all sides.
- Add onions, add chicken stock, reduce.
- Season potatoes and reserve in a baking pan.
- Add pork and onions to pan with potatoes.
- Add sliced apples, bacon and top with kraut.
- Add wine and cover.
- Place in conventional oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours.