Pennsylvania New Years Dutch Pork and Sauerkraut Dinner
5 Pound Pork loin
2 Pound Snowfloss sauerkraut
1/4 Cup Cumin
1/4 Cup Cayenne
1/4 Cup dry mustard
1/4 Cup paprika
1/4 Cup salt
1/4 Cup Pepper
1/4 Cup olive oil
2 Cup chicken broth
2 Cup Riesling wine
2 Cup sliced onions
1/2 Pound sliced bacon
2 Pieces apples thin sliced
5 Pound seasoned potatoes thyme/s & p
- Combine dry ingredients and rub into pork.
- Sear in pan with olive oil on all sides.
- Add onions, add chicken stock, reduce.
- Season potatoes and reserve in a baking pan.
- Add pork and onions to pan with potatoes. Add sliced apples, bacon and top with sauerkraut. Add wine and cover.
- Place in conventional oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours.