Pennsylvania Dutch New Year’s Pork and Sauerkraut Dinner
5 pound, Pork loin
2 pound Snowfloss sauerkraut
1/4 cup Oil olive
2 cup broth chicken
2 cup wine Riesling
2 cup Onion sliced
1/2 pound bacon sliced
2 Apple thin, sliced
5 pound potatoes seasoned potatoes thyme/s & predients
1/4 cup Cumin
1/4 cup Cayenne
1/4 cup mustard dry
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup Pepper
- Combine dry ingredients and rub into pork.
- Sear in pan with olive oil on all sides.
- Add onions, add chicken stock, reduce.
- Season potatoes and reserve in a baking pan.
- Add pork and onions to pan with potatoes.
- Add sliced apples, bacon and top with sauerkraut.
- Add wine and cover.
- Place in conventional oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours