Jackie Shen, executive chef of Chicago’s Red Light Cafe
1 32 oz. jar Frank’s Kraut Sauer, Rinsed and drained
1 8 oz. bottle Dressing Thousand Island
1 loaf Bread Marbled rye
1 pound Cream Whole, Softened, Butter
1 pound Cheese Medium Sliced
1 pound Turkey or Corned Beef, Medium Sliced
- Mix sauerkraut in a bowl with salad dressing. Butter both sides of each piece of bread - restaurant style.
- Add two pieces of swiss cheese and two-four slices of meat to one of the buttered bread halves.
- Add one dollop of the sauerkraut mixture. Place other bread half on sandwich.
- Brown one side in pan and turn. Brown other side and then turn every ten seconds until cheese is melted. Cut diagonally and serve.
- Makes four-six sandwiches