Frank's Kraut Smoked Spare Ribs
@BBQwithBoterman from Instagram created this smoked spare ribs recipe with Frank’s Kraut.
1 Rack of Spare Ribs
1 Bottle of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
14oz Can of Frank’s Kraut
1 Cup of Your Favorite BBQ Rub
1 Cup Apple Juice (for spritzing)
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Remove membrane from the back of ribs. Trim off any excess fat. Sprinkle rub all over the ribs. Let the rub sit for 15-20 minutes while the smoker preheats.
- Preheat smoker to 225°, place the ribs directly on the rack. Smoke ribs for 3 hrs. With a spray bottle filled with apple juice, spritz the ribs every 45 minutes during these 3 hours.
- Once first 3 hrs. are done, roll out an 18-24” piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and pour Frank’s Kraut in the shape of the ribs in the center. Place ribs on top of the kraut and wrap this in the foil. Use another 18-24” piece of foil to double wrap for a tight seal.
- Place ribs back in smoker and adjust the temperature to 275°. Cook for an additional 2 hrs.
- Remove ribs from foil, pour kraut and juices in a bowl for serving. With the smoker still at 275°, put the ribs back on. Brush on BBQ sauce and close the lid for 15-20 minutes to let sauce tack up.
- Remove ribs from smoker, let rest for 15 minutes and serve with pork infused Frank’s Kraut!