Frank’s Fresh Kraut Salad Burger
2-pounds Ground Beef
4 Burger Buns
Salt & Pepper, to taste
8 peppers small red, orange and yellow
1 medium onion
3 stalks celery
6 pieces scallions
1 cup carrots (shredded)
2 pounds Frank's Kraut
1/2 cup Sugar (or substitute your own choice of sweetener)
1/2 cup Vinegar Apple Cider
1/2 cup Oil vegetable or canola
Prepare Kraut Salad
- Clean and dice peppers, celery, and onion into small strips or cubes
- Clean scallions and cut into small pieces
- Clean carrots, shred into strips to yield one cup
- Drain and rinse Frank’s Kraut in a colander, set aside in separate bowl
- Combine all the vegetables together and mix thoroughly. Add to the Frank’s Kraut and toss together. Set aside.
- Mix the sweetener of choice, vinegar and oil in a mixing cup. Stir.
- Pour mixture over kraut and vegetables.
- For best results, let marinade in refrigerator overnight. For time constraints, let chill and marinade in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season ground beef with salt & pepper and place on grill. Cook through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Once burger is at preferred temperature, add to bun and top with Frank’s Fresh Kraut Salad.
- Optional: Melt cheese onto burger before topping with Frank’s Fresh Kraut Salad. Serve and Celebrate Flavor!