Fettuccine and Sauerkraut with Sherry Cream Sauce
1 pound pasta Fettuccine pasta
1 Onion large, sliced
¼ cup bacon pieces
1 can Frank’s Kraut
½ cup sherry
½ cup Cream heavy
1 stick butter
salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
- While pasta is boiling, melt 3 tablespoons butter a large skillet.
- Add onions, bacon and kraut to butter and sautee for 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Add sherry to pan and reduce until almost dry. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining butter and pasta.