Buffalo Wings with Creamy Kraut and Bleu Cheese Dip
An appetizer must! Tangy Buffalo Chicken Wings with a Creamy Kraut and Bleu Cheese Dip created by @bbqwithboterman
- In a food processor, add Frank’s Kraut, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve with buffalo wings and celery!
- Remove chicken from packaging and lay out on a cooling rack.
- Using paper towel, dry the surface of the wings. (If you want extra crispy wings, lightly dust them with a small amount of corn starch.)
- To make your buffalo sauce, add hot sauce to a bowl and add melted butter (tip: the more melted butter that you add, the more mild the spice of the sauce will be.)
- Fill a dutch oven or other pot with enough vegetable oil to fully submerge wings.
- Heat oil to 325ºF.
- Place wings in batches into the hot oil for approximately 3-5 minutes per batch.
- The wings will be golden brown with a crispy skin.
- When the wings are done, place them in a large bowl with the sauce and toss the sauce until all the wings are evenly coated.
- Dip wings into Creamy Kraut and Bleu Cheese Dip and Enjoy!
The cook time can vary wildly with wings due to the various sizes. We recommend that the wings are cooked to 180º internal temperature, this will ensure a crispy properly rendered skin.